The untrainable dog?
A powerful, graceful and very strong character dog. Akitas are often misunderstood by other dogs and humans because they have a different body language than other dogs. There is also hardly any educational literature on this breed.
There is barely a dog trainer who really knows the peculiarities of this breed. Akita body language is often misinterpreted even by dog trainers. As a result, an unknowing dog trainer can even do harm in training and unsettles dog owners. In fact, that is very likely.
In the photo you can see my wonderful Chiyo.
- Yes, she runs free, almost everywhere, and she comes back on command!
- She gets along with other dogs, both males and females.
- She gets along with our cat.
- She can stay at home alone and is calm about it.
- She rarely barks. Only when she wants to indicate something, like a figure in the dark. And that is what we want.
- She is infinitely patient with children and very friendly to people.
- She feels comfortable in the car and also on public transport.
- She behaves very mannerly in restaurants and in hotels. In the latter, by the way, she sometimes stays alone for a few hours. So we also have dog-free times on holiday.
- She never jumps on people. Never.
- She does not dig up the garden.
- She does not jump on the sofa and certainly not on the bed. But if that's what you want with your dog, then of course that's ok ☺.
This is all possible if the training and socialisation happens as early as possible and in the correct way!
I am very happy to meet you and your Akita.